Sunday, June 1, 2008

Porch sitter




I had a useless weekend.




I had big plans for cleaning out my bedroom and doing some purging. Well, we purged a little, got rid of 3 bags of old clothes... took down the heavy curtains and have the sheers up, that lightened things up in there... just so much to do. I wanted to clean out the cubby and take out the rug and replace it with runners.... didn't do it.


Saturday got away from me. Before I knew it it was 4pm. Henri and I took Carlie to Friendlys for dinner and then I went to Christmas tree shop while Henri took Carlie over to Staples.


Sunday morning we met Andy and his girlfriend for breakfast and Mom came. We had a good time and a fabulous breakfast. ( At,Food for Thought in Falmouth)


After that we went to the wholesale nursery in Waquoit where I found Pampas grass and a couple hostas that I have been looking for... Took Carlie home to get her down for a nap...NO LUCK!! Sooo... Out on the porch she went in the pack and play with books and dollies and a blanket... and I planted my little heart out. Moved a hydrangea, dug up my daffodils by mistake (oops)


I cant wait to see them fill out and looking forward to seeing the grass bloom. Next weekend I'll go grab a couple other things...maybe some phlox maybe something else... I'll see.


It was just nice to be outside and doing something with that damned dirt patch at my front door.


Spent some time on the porch just sitting and looking out... Love my porch. All in all, it was a nice weekend.

No comments: