Thursday, May 29, 2008

Good friends







I stayed home from work yesterday. I still wasn't feeling all that great, I'm not sure exactly what my problem was but more than anything I think it was a mental health day. I had an unexpected visitor around 2, my friend Jen and her two girls Olivia and Ava.
They came bearing gifts... Jen has been taking a sewing class for all of about a month and she made me the most coolest fabulous pocketbook! I was speechless when I saw how well she made it, it looks store bought. I love it. But even better, inside was this dress for Carlie!
My daughter has just started walking, you can't put a dress on a crawling kid so this will be the first dress she's been in for a LONG time! God she's cute. By the way, it fits fine...THANK YOU JEN!!!!!
That wasnt the end of my surprises for the day. About 7pm I got a call from my old friend Lisa who I blogged about a while ago. She's been having some health problems and going into the hospital for exploritory surgery today. She offered to come over so around 7:30pm she was here and it was like 9 years melted away...yes nine years. Too long. It felt so good to sit and catch up with her. I'm looking forward to doing it again soon.

No comments: