Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter 2010


This year, we had beautiful weather for Easter Sunday. It began on Saturday afternoon when we all sat down to color eggs... Carlie, me and Henri. It was fun to show Carlie how to do this, and she had a free ticket to make a holy friggin mess, which she  did. But it was fun, and we laughed alot, and she dropped 4 or the 8 eggs that we boiled and cracked them as soon as she finished decorating them.... But that's O.K. too... Next year, I'll make a few extra's. Live and learn.    Sunday began for us around 7AM.  Carlie woke up and came out of her room to find a huge Easter basket on the living room table too big for her to get down by herself. 
 She was wide eyed and beyond excited at everything she pulled out of the basket.  There really is nothing like the feeling you get when you can do that for your own child... Now I understand the look Mom would get on her face on mornings like that... Sheer joy.
My daughter had a steady diet that day of candy. I don't think she ate much else... But that's O.K. It was Easter.
This has been the rainiest spring weve had in a LONG time! My little fish doesnt mind it though. I think she really was a fish in another life... I can't keep her out of and away from water.   

I've decided to have the house painted and hired somone to come and do it. They start Monday, so I will have to keep a good photo journal of the progress and make a blog about it. I'm sure there will be a good story sometime in the next 12(ish) days that he figures it will take to complete the job.  I am a little hesitant about this, but I am doing it because if it doesnt get done soon, I am going to have to start replacing the wood due to rot.  So here we go. Now to figure out if we are going to change the color from plain white trim to something with a little pizazz....I dunno. Also, we are having the shingles bleached.  This should lighten up the whole house and make it look much more cheerful.  I am looking forward to seeing that,
I am thinking a nice bright sunshine yellow for the front door and white trim.... Any suggestions?

No comments: