Sunday, May 25, 2008

Home sweet Home


Saturday was great... I woke up early and headed to Pocasset to get the lilacs. I got a bunch of purple lilacs and two plants one white, one purple. I stopped at Mom's and surprised her with the boquet...she was thrilled.

Had to do a couple errands and headed home.

As soon as Carlie went to sleep I headed out to plant my lilacs. i put one on either side of the front porch with dreams of someday sitting there with a cup of coffee in the morning smelling the sweet scent of all my beautiful lilacs surrounding me.... CAN'T WAIT!

We went out for ice cream with my friend Cindy and her son John who is 8. He is so good with Carlie it's amazing. After ice cream we drove over to Falmouth Harbor and the kids played on the lawn near the band stand for about an hour. I brought a big bottle of bubbles so they had a great time chasing them.

By that time it was late and way past Carlies bedtime. We came home to find the house next to us full of college students partying like it's 1999...ALL NIGHT! ( dating myself?)

OK, I remember what it's like to be in my 20's, I know this is probably some kind of cosmic payback because God knows I have done my share of keeping neighbors awake. BUT COME ON!! It was dawn and they were still out there!

I am such an old fart....lol

Well, one neighbor called the cops around midnight and that calmed everything down for about half an hour, or until the police had left. At least this year they didnt have fireworks. Nothing like living next to rental property.

I have so much to do today... Henri just took Carlie to the store to do the shopping so I could get some housework done. My in laws are coming tomorrow around noon.

There's plenty of booze on the bar. I'll be fine.

No comments: