Sunday, November 13, 2011

Columbus Day 2011-Redecorating Weekend !


Henri and Carlie went to Maine to visit his aunt and uncle for the long weekend while I styaed home with Jennifer to re-decorate the living room.  This included pulling down the old wallpaper, sanding and repairing some peeled ceiling spots where we had a little moisture issue a couple years ago before we had the new roof put on.  I wanted my living room to be bright and cheerful, so I chose the color "Lemon Chiffon" for the living room with bright white trim.   Jenn patched the peeling paint on the ceiling and I handled the trim.  It was a LOT of work but totally fun and perfectly satisfying in the end.  It came out beautiful and I must say, we did a FRIGGIN AWESOME job!  I love my bright cheery new living room!!!
I am lucky to have my friend Jennifer who oddly enough, LOVES a challenge like this!

This house had wallpaper in the living room from day one.  Every time the room was re wallpapered, everyone signed the walls.  It was a history of the house and almost everyone has passed on that signed the walls.  Now that we decided to paint, I took as many pictures as I could of the signatures and writings in an effort to save a little of this history.

At this point, I was doubtful my living room would EVER look normal again.

No comments: